From "Jim Ley" <...@jibbering.com>
Subject Re: [svg-developers] Batik 1.5beta2 release available
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 17:51:07 GMT
"Dave Pawson" <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>
> At 15:00 10/05/2002 +0000, Jim Ley wrote:
>

> >I'd like to make that a Feature Request then please.  SVG is often
used
> >in a non-namespace aware enviroment, and ASV treats createElement here
> >analgous to it in HTML DOM - Can we have it as a configuration option?
>
> Or get used to working in a ns aware environment?
> That's how we can mix mathML, docbook or XHTML in the same document,
> indeed your own rdf:stuff is namespaced?

I have no problem doing such a thing, but I believe a User Agent, is best
served by rendering what it gets, and it should be liberal in doing that,
the same way as Batik is happy to not use a validating parser, it would
be good for users to treat createElement as creating an element in the
default namespace. (after all the important thing is the content of the
document, not if it's "correct")

Jim.