From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: Can I read a raster image using Batik
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 11:42:57 GMT
>>>>> "PS" == Paulo Soares <psoares@consiste.pt> writes:

PS> Have you tried JAI?

    This is a good choice. It is probably the simpliest choice but may
bring along more stuff than you want (not that Batik is small either).

    I'll mention that Batik's TIFF and PNG reader/writers were donated
by Sun from the JAI project.  So you could use them from Batik.  Our
high level interfaces will not respond to TIFF or PNG as sources
however if you use:

     org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageTagRegistry

    You can get a java.awt.image.renderable.RenderableImage for any of
the supported formats in Batik (gif - read through JDK, jpeg, png,
Tiff).

     It's a bit more work but it shouldn't be too bad.

     What ever way you go, good luck.