From Stefan Rotman <rot...@microweb.nl>
Subject Creating a new Document
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 14:31:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a SVG editor at the moment.

I have some trouble creating a new Document. I followed the guidelines on the Batik
about the DOM tree and use the following method for creating a new document:

>>    public Document createNewDocument(String width,
>>            String height) {
>>        DOMImplementation impl = SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
>>        String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
>>        Document doc = impl.createDocument(svgNS, "svg", null);
>>
>>        Element svgRoot = doc.getDocumentElement();
>>
>>        svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "width", width);
>>        svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "height", height);
>>
>>        return doc;
>>    }

Now when i trie to run the app I get the following exception:

>>     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
>>     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.getPermissions(URLClassLoader.java:418)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoClassLoader.getPermissions(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoClassLoader.<init>(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreter.<init>(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreterFactory.createInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.script.InterpreterPool.createInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getInterpreter(Unknown Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown
Source)
>>     [java]     at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcher.run(Unknown Source)

I also get the following error:

>>	SVG Error:
>>	Unknown language: text/ecmascript

I tried to find the problem myself, and I think I fixed the problem.. At least, it works
for me this way without errors or exceptions. In the constructor of the
org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoClassLoader I placed the two statements that set the
rhinoProtectionDomain and the rhinoAccessControlContext within the
if (documentURL != null) statement.
Here's my CVS diff:

>>	Index: RhinoClassLoader.java
>>	===================================================================
>>	RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/script/rhino/RhinoClassLoader.java,v
>>	retrieving revision 1.2
>>	diff -u -3 -p -b -r1.2 RhinoClassLoader.java
>>	--- RhinoClassLoader.java       14 May 2002 08:57:32 -0000      1.2
>>	+++ RhinoClassLoader.java       22 May 2002 14:14:40 -0000
>>	@@ -64,7 +64,6 @@ public class RhinoClassLoader extends UR
>>	         this.documentURL = documentURL;
>>	         if (documentURL != null){
>>	             codeSource = new CodeSource(documentURL, null);
>>	-        }
>>
>>	         //
>>	         // Create the Rhino ProtectionDomain
>>	@@ -77,6 +76,7 @@ public class RhinoClassLoader extends UR
>>	         rhinoAccessControlContext
>>	             = new AccessControlContext(new ProtectionDomain[]{
>>	                 rhinoProtectionDomain});
>>	     }
>>
>>	     /**

Greets,