From "M. van Veen" <mich...@microweb.nl>
Subject Optimized repaint
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 12:14:52 GMT
Hi!

Does somebody know if it is possible to repaint only the part which has
changed (int the DOMtree) on the SVGCanvas?

After I have changed something in the DOM tree, I call setDocument(
getDocument() ) and it repaints, but it renders the WHOLE image which is
rather slow. When I looked at the code I saw that it is possible to
specify an area of interest to render. But to do this I have to rewrite
a lot of methodes ( for example the on in JGVTComponent.renderGVTTree()
(which will of course change in the near future) : not a good plan.

So is there away around this, or is this going to be implemented in the
near future? (Maybe it's an idea when a change is made in de DOMtree to
get the GraphicsNode of the element and ask its transformedbounds, and
only repaint this part in the canvas, after building the gvttree (or a
part) again?)

Kind regards, and keep up the good work!

Michael.