From Dharitri Misra <mi...@nlm.nih.gov>
Subject Can I read a raster image using Batik
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 16:03:59 GMT
Hi,

I was planning to use the javax.imageio package to do TIFF <-> PNG
raster image conversion (along with Metadata transcoding), on Windows
platform. However, I could not find any free
ImageReader/Writer/Transcoder implementation for TIFF and PNG formats
for the corresponging imageio interfaces.

I looked into Batik, but found it reads SVG images only. Is it possible
to read raster images using Batik? Also, can you tell me where I can
find javax.imageio implementation for TIFF and PNG files on Windows. Or,
on UNIX?

Thanks a lot.

misra