From "J. David Eisenberg" <catc...@catcode.com>
Subject Re: Generating JPGs using Batik
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 19:34:20 GMT
On Tue, 21 May 2002, irfan ali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are transforming an XML document to SVG by applying an XSL
> transformation. We are successfully doing this from the command line
> using Xalan 2.3.1. We then transform the file to a jpg using batik,
> again through the command line.
>
> We now have batik installed on Apache 2.0 server, and are looking to
> generate accomplish the whole conversion from XML->SVG->JPG through
> the server.
>
> How can I get started doing this. Does anyone have some sample JSP
> files that we can look at. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Irfan

Go to http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/svgess/ and choose the "examples"
link. The sample files for chapter 13 do what you want, although they use
a plain servlet rather than Java Server Pages (JSP).

Full explanation of the code is in the book, which, as the author, I
highly recommend that you read <grin/>.

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/