From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: FOP/Batik problem with url(#id)
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:06:01 GMT

LM> I'm using FOP 0.20.4 to transform SVG into PDF from a jsp page
LM> (wrote my own JSP tag to invoke FOP).  The content uses url(#id)
LM> in various places (example below).

    This bug should be fixed in the current build of Batik 1.5b4
(however I am unsure if the current Batik will work with FOP).

    You might be able to 'work around this' by providing an xml:base
attribute (this is tricker than it sounds in general...).

LM> If I execute FOP from a command line, no errors occur.  However
LM> from within my JSP environment, I get an exception while it is
LM> trying to process the url.  If I remove all usages of url(#id),
LM> then everything works fine.

    The problem is that ParseURL didn't deal well with the document
not having an associated URL (in your JSP I assume you you are
building the document from a stream?).  You might try providing a
'bogus' URL when you construct the InputStream for the XML parser...

LM> My question is as follows - Is url(#id) supported at this time and
LM> if not, is there another syntax that is working?  I believe FOP
LM> 0.20.4 ships with Batik 1.5beta2.

    I hope the above at least gives you something to go on.