From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: How Do I Render SVG To Graphics2D?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:36:52 GMT

Hi Charles,

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Rector <crector@iexposure.com> writes:

Charles> My problem is that whenever I do not add the JSVGComponent to
Charles> a frame to where it would be visible, calling a
Charles> JSVGComponent's paint() method seems to do nothing. Which I
Charles> can somewhat understand -- if a component is not visible, why
Charles> should paint() do anything?

    You should call

    jsvgcomp.getGraphicsNode().paint(g2d);

    You may need to adjust the user to device transform in the g2d
before calling this.

Charles> At any rate, I need to be able to render the SVG independent
Charles> of a component.  Can somebody help me out here? I'm sure it's
Charles> a simple process, but I need a little push in the right
Charles> direction. Thanks!

Charles> If it is of any use, I am using JDK 1.4 and Batik 1.5 beta 4.

         Good luck