From "Krevetski, Maria T (EMA)" <Krevetsk...@navair.navy.mil>
Subject RE: SVG Error
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:17:08 GMT
hi again!

well, we have an application completely done using svg's - gui and all.  so,
when the user clicks, the svg's will load and display.  we're using the
layering idea and turning the svg's on and off.
how many jar files do you have in your classpath?  i've really been having
problems with the whole classpath issue from the start.  i can't do any
experimenting until it's set correctly.

thanks so much

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbisch, Martin [mailto:barbisch@sony.de]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:53 AM
To: 'Batik Users'
Subject: RE: SVG Error

Hi Maria,

the example works fine for me, if i put all the jar files in the batik
folder 'lib' into my CLASSPATH (and use a svg file on my hard disk).

Question: do you just want use Batik to display some SVG files you created?
Or do you want to use Batik to create your own SVG browser?

In the first case you should run squiggle like that:
java -jar batik.jar
which includes all necessary jar files. (now load your svg file)

In the second case:
I am no expert at that at all... but will still try to answer easy
questions.

Hope this helps,

Martin