From "Christophe Halna" <christophe.ha...@tomao.fr>
Subject dynamic SVG in applet requires policy modification
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:10:41 GMT
Hello,

I tried to build an applet to display SVG files on client machines.

it works fine for "static" SVG files,
but if the files contain script, it appears that to run the script, the
applet needs more than the default permissions.

access denied : java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader

the reason why I wanted to build this applet, is that I can't make any
modification on the existing clients. (no way to install a viewer, nor to
add a JRE, just use the existing JVM, without modifying the java.policy
client file)

is there any other way to do it ? view dynamic SVG in an applet ?
can someone confirm the impossibility, or explain a workaround ?

Thank you for any help.
Christophe.