From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: Embedded CSS as Unknown source
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:33:52 GMT

LM>       I'd like to rasterize a simple SVG file exported with Adobe
LM> Illustrator. It shows fine with Adobe browser plugin for Mozilla.

    The problem is the embedded fonts.  Currently Batik does not
support the @font-face CSS property (even if we did we couldn't use
the @font-face that Illustrator generates since it is in a proprietary
font format, 'CEF' - some subset of OpenType).

LM>    Here's a trace with Sun's JVM:

       Uhh, you left off the part about '@font-face' which would have
saved me some time.

      I believe you can tell Illustrator not to embed fonts, or you
can fairly easily strip them out by hand.  Illustrator should really
provide the fonts as SVG Fonts (the only embedded format viewers are
required to used).