From "Lolling, Jan" <Jan.Loll...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Interactors and MouseEvents
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:32:22 GMT
Your way using interactors is correct. I do the same and it works fine.
Be aware, that your interactor will be invoked at the correct mouse-event.
The first think you must check is the startInteraction-method. I put into these method a System.out.println("invoke...")
debug output.

Adding your interactor to the actions is not necessary !

The next trick is to realize´: what returns my interactor at endInteraction().

Check the former messages in the mailing-list. I had added my example of an interactor-class.
My first example was the zoomInteractor too.

Yor method to manipulate the elements via DOM is absolut correct ! I also manipulate the DOM
but I don not need the
class SVGGeneratorContext. We (me colleque and I) have build for each shape his own interactor
(create).

I recommend you to extends JSVGCanvas and create an new member variable to notify what element
tag you want to create and in the startInteraction() method ask for it.

Jan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Eric Delacroix [mailto:edelax_tfe@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. März 2003 16:17
An: batik-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Interactors and MouseEvents

Hello,

I'm currently trying to do the same. I load a document in a Panel where
there is an expension of the JSVGCanvas. I already use the zoom interactors
that I customized and registered.
Now I want to make a new interactor, following the example of the zoom's
one.
So I made a class StiffAction, that extends AbstractAction, where I define
the actionPerformed as a function that adds a shape to the DOM (I think I'll
be doing that through the DOM, with an SVGGeneratorContext, somebody could
tell me if I'm totally wrong)
I also wrote an AbstractStiffInteractor, where the methods for drawing the
pre-shape on the canvas are defined. And In my extension of JSVGCanvas, I
made an interactor extending this class.
Finally, I add this interactor in the constructor of MySVGCanvas (by doing
getInteractor.add(stiffInteractor); and I also add this in the
actionMap.But... it doesn't work :(
I'm explaining all this hoping somebody would understand the way I'm trying
to do it, and maybe correct me.
The first problem I have is that when I add my new interactor, the
link-function I made doesn't work anymore...
I know I'm not so clear, but the problem I have seems even nebulous...
Every help here is always a good help, thank you

Eric Delacroix
Faculté des Sciences appliquées
ULB Brussels