From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: JSVGCanvas.setURI() vs. JSVGCanvas.setSVGDocument()?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:00:11 GMT
Hello Gavin,

Gavin.Walker@csiro.au wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>   We have been having awful trouble getting dynamic updates to work.  This
> message tipped us off.

Is that with beta5 only or have you seen this problem for a while? If
so, would you know when it started?

 > We load our initial documents using setURI() and
> then we load other documents and insert them into the original dom tree.
> After each document insertion we had called setSVGDocument(getSVGDocument())
> - a hangover from batik 1.1.  None of the dynamic update stuff would work
> even though we set ALWAYS_DYNAMIC before we did anything with the canvas.  I
> removed the setSVGDocument() and suddenly the dynamic updates worked!!
> Something in setSVGDocument() is interfering.

Hum.... Would you have this isolated to a minimal test case by any
chance? I also got some more information from Shawn on the topic and it
seems something is indeed broken in setSVGDocument, but a reproducable
test case would help,

Thanks, especially if you could provide a test case :-)

Vincent.