From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: about SAX and DOM parsers
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:46:36 GMT
Hello Eric,

Batik uses the org.apache.batik.util.XMLResourceDescriptor class to
define which SAX Parser to use (Crimson or Xerces or any other
implementation). Then, we build a DOM tree using our own DOM
implementation which is needed to support the SVG DOM features. The DOM
tree is then bound to a GVT tree (org.apache.batik.gvt) thanks to the
bridge module (org.apache.batik.bridge).

You can refer to the web site documentation:
http://xml.apache.org/batik/architecture.html

Vincent.