From shawn_hw...@agilent.com
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas.setURI() vs. JSVGCanvas.setSVGDocument()?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:22:38 GMT
Gavin,
	I think the following will allow you to "fix" the problem where the browser window gets bigger
everytime a new document is loaded:

http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-users/archives/msg03075.html

Now the question is, will the "feature" described in the link above be turned into a user-configurable
property with the final release of batik 1.5?  Anyone care to take a stab at this question?
 Thanks!

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin.Walker@csiro.au [mailto:Gavin.Walker@csiro.au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 7:02 PM
To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: JSVGCanvas.setURI() vs. JSVGCanvas.setSVGDocument()?

Hi Vincent,
  While you are looking, I think I have identified another problem with
setSVGDocument() and one without it.  First when I test my application with
1.5b5 I got a problem where the browser window would get bigger everytime I
loaded a new document.  Now with setSVGDocument() removed this does not
happen.

  Second with setSVGDocument() remove scripts don't work properly.  A code
snippet is below

    Element svgDocRoot = mainSvgDoc.getDocumentElement();
    Element anotherRoot = anotherSVGDoc.getDocumentElement();
    AbstractNode abstractNode = null;
    int ctr = 0;
    for( Node n=anotherRoot.getFirstChild(); n!=null; n = n.getNextSibling){
      if( n.getNodeType() == 1 ){
         abstractNode = (AbstractNode)svgDoc.importNode((AbstractNode)n,
true);
         abstractNode.setOwnerDocument(svgDoc);
         Element e = (Element)abstractNode;
         svgDocRoot.appendChild(e);
      }
    }

All our other documents essentially consist of
<svg>
<script>
</script>
<g>
</g>
</svg>

So the above code should place both the <script> node and the <g> node into
the main dom tree.  However without setSVGDocument() the functions in the
<script> section cannot be found by calls withing the <g> section.

I suspect the functions of the script node are not being registered in the
"mainSvgDoc" when the node is transfered.  The above behaviour is both in b5
& b4.

Gavin Walker
CSIRO, Canberra
Australia