From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: writeDocument link
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:54:40 GMT

GA> at http://www.ge-org.com/batik you find a file SOV.svg, this is
GA> the messed up one the worldcollapsed_jc.svg is the one how it
GA> should look like

    Well the problem is someone has deleted most of the white space
the interesting bit is that this seems to only effect elements in the
SVG namespace.  So I suspect that the problem is not just the UTF but
something about what ever is 'processing' the document (otherwise it
would delete whitespace for everything).  I suspect the processor is
not 'copying' TextNodes except as children of svg text elements.  But
these text nodes are what contain the formatting of the XML.