From "Lolling, Jan" <Jan.Loll...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: AW: Batik and SVG for displaying multiple graphical Objects.. .
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:34:05 GMT
I am a little bit confused...
If you talk about SVGs - do you mean several shapes e.g or do you mean several graphics ?
SVG-Objects is not an appropriated name for anythink. We talk about svg graphics ore elements
(one svg graphic contains several elements) and one element is one shape or group.

JSVGCanvas can only display ONE graphic within several elements.

Please describe your application architecture. Do you want create a application or web application
? In the second case you do not need batik and you can deliver and manipulate your graphic
an an servlet e.g.

Jan

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Reinhard Brandst├Ądter [mailto:r.brandstaedter@gmx.at]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2003 17:22
An: Batik Users
Betreff: Re: AW: Batik and SVG for displaying multiple graphical
Objects...

Lolling, Jan wrote:
> First of all - SVG is exactly what you need and matching perfect with your request.

OK that's good to know!

So to bring it to one point:
You think it's possible to read several SVGs or create many of them and
then display them independently in a client application.
I think the best description is: I want to write a live-Monitor-like
application (display changing graphical information during execution
time) where all grapical informations shown are single runtime generated
graphics based on SVG input.

What would be the best way to display several SVG-Objects (or converted
to Java Swing components) in one single Java Application?

Maybe my definition is not very clear to understand, sorry for that

Reinhard

> point 2
> A good method is e.g. to create the entire svg graphic at runtime from any datasource.
> If you want to display the svg graphic in an browser you do not need batik framework.
> I have build a web application what creates svg graphics in a servlet. These graphics
is shown with the Adobe SVG plugin for IE or Mozilla.