From Marios Depountis <depountismar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSVGCanvas ZoomIn Action problem.
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:42:03 GMT
Hi Tomas,

First of all I want to thank for all your help. I followed exactly the steps you have proposed
to me but I still have not managed to make it work properly. When I render the DOM object
in my Canvas all the capabilities of JSVGCanvas exist, so what I want to do is to add the
zoom functionality only when my JButton for zoom  is pressed.

I created the following class:The super call inside the mouseReleased method cannot be compiled(Do
you have any idea why this may happen?)

abstract class  Zoomer extends AbstractZoomInteractor

      {
            // end interaction defines the condition to end the zoom

         public boolean endInteraction()

         {
            return finished;
         }

         // I want the zoom to end at the release of my mouse, can do it anywhere else

         public void mouseReleased( MouseEvent e )

         {
            //super(e);
            finished = true;
            System.out.println("finished"+finished);
         }

Then in the constructor of my class(where JSVGCanvas is defined) the zoom interactor.

         zoomAInteractor =

               new Zoomer(){

                  boolean finished = false;

                  public boolean startInteraction(InputEvent ie)

                  {
                     return doZoom;
                  }};
         svgCanvas.getInteractors().add(zoomAInteractor);

Any time I click my JButton I make doZoom=true but when the mouse is released the zoom doesn't
stop. I have checked that the code never access the mouseReleased method. Furthermore I cannot
stop the zoom after presing another button that makes the variable  doZoom=false.

Have you any idea about what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot
Marios