xmlgraphics-batik-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kari Hoijarvi" <hoija...@me.wustl.edu>
Subject RE: Loading images in ECMA scripts
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:41:38 GMT
Thanks for info. Surprise to me. I have always 
used local names with the second parameter, when 
scripting adobe plugin. 

I just tested this with ASV3, and setting works.
For my surprise, getting does not.

image.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "xlink:href", "http://whatever");

image.getAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "xlink:href") is not there
image.getAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "href") == "http://whatever";

Yet another bug in ASV3?

I wonder then what's wrong then with the original script. 
In my experience, checking that no parameter is undefined 
has solved a lot of problems. 


Kari

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Hardy [mailto:vincent.hardy@sun.com]
Sent: 10 July 2003 08:29
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: Loading images in ECMA scripts


Actually, the second parameter on setAttributeNS takes a qualified name, 
so "xlink:href" is correct for the second attribute. There are examples 
using this syntax in the CVS repository (e.g., 
samples/tests/spec/scripting/use.svg).

Vincent.

Kari Hoijarvi wrote:

>Try 
>
>   image.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "href", url);
>
>without the "xlink:" in the attribute name. The 
>namespace is identified by the namespace URI only.
>
>Kari
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jens Heidrich [mailto:heidrich@informatik.uni-kl.de]
>Sent: 10 July 2003 04:05
>To: batik-users@xml.apache.org
>Subject: Loading images in ECMA scripts
>
>
>Hello,
>
>we are using SVG in order to display charts, that use JavaScript to 
>support some simple interaction. We discovered a strange behavior when 
>trying to change the "href" attribute of an image by an ECMA script:
>
>function load_image(url) {
>   image = document.getElementById("image");
>   image.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "xlink:href", url);
>}
>
>Our aim was to change the image by clicking on a certain SVG element. 
>According to the squiggle DOM Viewer the DOM is adapted accordingly by 
>the script (that is, it includes an attribute "xlink:href" and the 
>corresponding, transmitted URL), but the displayed image is still the 
>same (and shows the image of the old URL). Other attribute changes (like 
>size or position) seem to work as expected.
>
>We discovered this while using Batik 1.5 beta4b and beta5. We are 
>running Batik under Windows 2000, JDK 1.4.1_01.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>
>Regards,
>
>Jens
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: batik-users-help@xml.apache.org
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: batik-users-help@xml.apache.org
>
>
>  
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: batik-users-help@xml.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: batik-users-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message