From "Fabio Biscaro" <bisc...@webscience.it>
Subject R: Problem with text selection
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:20:07 GMT
> I worked with text selection and i have some questions:
>
> 1) In javascript I can use "selectSubString" to select a string in a
> text tag. What can I do to remove text selection? I tried
> selectSubString(0,0) but this command, without any sense, selects the
> whole line!!!!

    You should call 'SVGSVGElement.deselectAll()' (probably on the root
SVG element).  However this isn't currently implemented.  I'm not sure
if this will be implemented before the 1.5.1 release.

    There are a number of methods that I would like to see implemented
here (the interesection methods etc) but I would like the 1.5.1 release
be be an extremely stable release (our x.x.1 releases have traditionally
been very relyable).

Yes, I tried but it's not implemented yet. Is there another way to set
selection to none?

> 2) I got a bug!
> After you select some text:
> Error 1: If another graphic component is made visible over the
selected
> text, the selected text goes correctly back but the selection is
always
> in the top!

    This is correct behaviour the selection highlight is (and probably
always will be) on top of everything.  As an example the text could have
it's middle under a rectangle but if you drag from start to end it will
select across the rect.

Is it correct? Sigh.

> Error 2: If you hide the text element selection still remains active
> in the player!

    I'm not as sure about this one, as long as the change is just
'visibility' this might be correct, however if the change is display it
is probably wrong.

I used visibility!
Maybe when a text element is hidden, it's selection still remains
visible over everythig?

> Do you think I should post them in bugzilla?
>
> Thanks, Fabio

Thanks again,
Fabio