From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Problem with text selection
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:04:21 GMT
Fabio Biscaro wrote:

> I worked with text selection and i have some questions:
>
> 1) In javascript I can use "selectSubString" to select a string in a
> text tag. What can I do to remove text selection? I tried
> selectSubString(0,0) but this command, without any sense, selects the
> whole line!!!!

    You should call 'SVGSVGElement.deselectAll()' (probably on the
root SVG element).  However this isn't currently implemented.  I'm
not sure if this will be implemented before the 1.5.1 release.

    There are a number of methods that I would like to see implemented
here (the interesection methods etc) but I would like the 1.5.1
release be be an extremely stable release (our x.x.1 releases have
traditionally been very relyable).

> 2) I got a bug!
> After you select some text:
> Error 1: If another graphic component is made visible over the selected
> text, the selected text goes correctly back but the selection is always
> in the top!

    This is correct behaviour the selection highlight is (and probably
always will be) on top of everything.  As an example the text could
have it's middle under a rectangle but if you drag from start to end
it will select across the rect.

> Error 2: If you hide the text element selection still remains active in
> the player!

    I'm not as sure about this one, as long as the change is just
'visibility' this might be correct, however if the change is
display it is probably wrong.