From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: WMF/EMF to SVG with WMFTranscoder
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:44:29 GMT
Sascha Schmidt wrote:

> I'm looking for a (free) java tool to convert WMF and EMF to SVG.
> Unfortunately Batiks WMFTranscoder supports only WMF files with an Aldus
> Placable Header. Can somebody tell if it is hard to extend the
> WMFTranscoder to support (all) other WMF formats and maybe EMF? Are
> there any other tools that can handle WMF/EMF better?

    Well I know almost nothing about WMF or EMF.  The code
for the parser however basically just 3 classes (although they
are a bit large).  About your particular issue looking at the
code org.apache.batik.transcoder.wmf.tosvg.WMFRecordStore:126
it seems to do exceedingly little with the 'Aldus Placable Metadata'
data (it appears to read and discard essentially all of it -
it isn't clear if the next group of reads is also part of
the Aldus data).  So this might be trivial, at the least it
is probably worth your taking a closer look if you know
something about WMF/EMF.