From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: scripting on custom audio and video tags
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:01:22 GMT
Gurleen Randhawa wrote:

> I have created an audio and a video tag.

    What do you mean by 'created'.  Do you mean that you implemented
them from the SMIL/SVG 1.2 spec?  Or do you mean that you added
these tags to a document?

> Now I want to use scripting and handle  various events associated with
> these tags like begin , end .. etc .
> How can I implement these in Batik  so that I can view the results  in
> JSVGCanvas.

    Once again do you mean how do add support for begin/end events
to Batik, or assuming that Batik supports these tags how do you
capture the events?

    Just so it is clear, Batik does not (out of the box) support the
audio or video tags proposed for SVG 1.2.  If you want information on
how you might implement them (or finish your implementation) we can
discuss this on batik-dev.