From Paul Crowley <p...@lshift.net>
Subject Font path?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:31:45 GMT
I know this seems a trivial enquiry, but I searched for a while trying
to find an answer with no success.  How does Batik find the fonts it
uses?  I have a .ttf file for a font I want to use, but I can't work out
how to write the SVG and configure Batik so that the font gets used.

I don't want to drop the font in system controlled directories; I'd
rather add another directory to the font path.  I don't want to embed
the font in the SVG file if I can avoid it; I'm calling the rasteriser
myself.

I've tried a few obvious things like putting the .ttf file in the
current directory with no joy.

I'm running Debian "Sarge" GNU/Linux, and the Sun 1.4.2_01 J2SDK.  I've
run a few tests with the binary distribution of Batik 1.5.1.

Thanks in advance,
--
   [][][] Paul Crowley
     [][] LShift Ltd