From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Bulk conversion
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:47:38 GMT
Hi Doug,

    Batik could definitely help here, but it isn't quite a "complete"
solution.  The biggest single issue is that through the public API's
of SVG there is no way to access the pixel width/height of an image
(because it might be referencing an SVG image which has not pixel
width/height).  Batik internally of course can know the size of
these images but you will have to go 'around' the SVG to get it.

    The creation of the overlay is simply a matter of creating a
bunch of SVG elements and setting attributes.  The resulting
SVG document can then be passed to the PNGTranscoder to generate
the PNG file.

    Probably the way to get started would be to read the Transcoder
tutorial on the Web site.  This actually shows an example of
rasterizing a programatically built DOM.