From <p...@maikschulz.de>
Subject Printing problems with Batik
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:30:01 GMT
Hi,

we have a DIN A4 sized SVG that is supposed to print on a Lexmark laser
printer which has had its BIOS altered to allow for narrower
non-printable margins. Using Windows programs one can see that the
margin is indeed narrower; using Batik via the Java2d Transcoder and
printing via java.awt does not produce the expected result. The margin
is a few mm wider. One weird observation: If we add a black image that
is significantly larger than A4 to the SVG we _can_ print as close to
the page border as Windows programs.

Attached is a DIN A4 page as an example. Any ideas what could cause the
behaviour and how we can go about to fix this?

TIA,
-Maik