From GVS Srinivas <GVS.Srini...@cramer.co.uk>
Subject RE: SVG-->JPEG vonversion japanese characters
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:59:04 GMT
thanks a lot thomas,
i am currently using the encoding as
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
when i use the baove ,adobe svg plugin displayes correctly the japanese
characters ,if i convert it as jpeg it doesnt convert the japaense
characterss properly.

As per your suggestion i tried using the below encoding
encoding="iso-8859-1",but still i face the same problem,and this time even
the adobe plugin alsodoesnt display the japanese characters properly.

would you please tell where i am going wrong.

thanks

GVS

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas DeWeese [ mailto:Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com
<mailto:Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> ]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:27 PM
To: Batik Users
Subject: Re: SVG-->JPEG vonversion japanese characters

Hi GVS,

   I suspect the problem is encoding.  I don't know
what encoding '*'テスãƒ'.*' is supposed to be in,
but for anything above 7bit ASCII you really need
to provide an XML encoding line otherwise I believe
it defaults to UTF-8/16.  A standard xml encoding
line looks something like:

   It must be the first line in the document.