From David Bullock ...@dawnbreaks.net>
Subject Copying/Cloning a GVT CompositeNode.
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 15:57:05 GMT
Hi folks,

I was just wondering if there are any neat tools to
deep-clone a CompositeNode [there seem to be no
constructors taking a node of the same kind as a
template, nor do nodes implement java.lang.Cloneable]?

Or do I really have to walk the GVT tree myself, and
copy each attribute by hand using get/set, based on
the concrete type of Node I happen to be dealing
with?  (Eek!)

[I just want to take a 'template shape' from an SVG file,
copy it a few times, translate each one, and print it out.
If there's a better way to do this than GVT, I'd love to
hear your suggestions.  ]

thanks,
David

PS.  Batik has a nice architecture, IMHO   I'm *sooo*
glad that I didn't have to write any of that myself!