From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: Open-Type fonts with Batik?
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 14:21:13 GMT
Many thanks! I've also taken the approach now of converting the OpenType
fonts to TrueType fonts, using FontLab - which unfortunately cost a bit
of money, but the results are quite good.

Also, with this conversion, I am able to take an OpenType font such as
'HelveticaLTStd-Bold' and have FontLab create a TrueType font of the
same name, and Batik is able to properly use the font, without resorting
to 'font-weight="bold"'

It would be so nice if Illustrator, or a tool that could read
Illustrator files, could embed the fonts as actual SVG fonts - or -
Batik could read CEF fonts, as the open-source freetype library
apparently can.

Regards,
Brice Ruth