From "Cristian OPINCARU" <cristian.opinc...@unibw-muenchen.de>
Subject Clipping SVG documents
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 13:32:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have an SVG document and I want to generate an SVG document that contains
only a smaller part of this document - just cut a rectangle from the
original image. Does anyone have an idea about how to do this using the
Batik toolkit ?

In the SVG standard, there is a tag called "clipPath". One idea is to use
the low level API (DOM) to add such a tag to the document, but this has 2
major disadvantages:
	1) Uses the low level API (I have to do a lot of programming & keep the
peace with the standard, when it changes)
	2) Keeps the original document, so the smaller image the same size as the
original one

Thankx,
Cristian

Dipl. Ing. Cristian OPINCARU
University of Federal Armed Forces, Munich - Faculty of Informatics

Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39, D-85577, Neubiberg, Germany
Building 41 / Room 0224

Tel   : +49-89-6004.2279
Fax   : +49-89-6004.3898
E-mail: Cristian.Opincaru@Unibw-Muenchen.de