From Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>
Subject RE: Minimum implementation of batik - just for viewing SVG files
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:35:08 GMT
Hi,

>   I don't know if this helps, but there was a previous discussion about
> getting a minimal subset of batik: try this search
> http://koala.ilog.fr/cgi-bin/batik-users-search-grep?rule=ci&target=jars
> of the archives and take a look at the four messages on the thread "Re:
> What jars required for SVGGraphics2D".  The basic idea is to just load
> the jars you need.

To create Batik minimum distribution, you can look at the Batik
dependency chart. The other way is using all jars file and the remove
one by one.
If you are only interested in viewing SVG file,
- PDFTranscoder.jar(297kb) is not needed.
- Xerces.jar (912kb). if you are willing to change some batik code you
can remove xerces.jar and use built in Java 1.4 xml parser
- and maybe you could remove transcoder stuff and svggenerator stuff.
- etc someone care to add

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--