From ananth balasubramanyam <abala...@cs.odu.edu>
Subject SVG DOM and GVT
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:33:52 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to modify the transform attribute of a text element in my svg.
I have the following in my svg

<text transform="0.75 0 0 1 24.68 37.51"

I need to translate the text element by a value that needs to be
determined. I understand that the above transform attribute is made of two
transformations, first one being a translation and second being a
scaling.

I am able to retrieve the matrix by saying

textElement.getTransform().getBaseVal().consolidate().getMatrix().

Can i call setE() on the matrix directly ? will this result in the
appropriate translation ?

thanks
Ananth