From "Urs Reupke" <ursreu...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SVGContext is null
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:01:18 GMT
Thank you Thomas,

>    No, but if you are loading a 'static' SVG document (no script
> tags or event attributes) then you need to tell Batik that you still
> want access to the SVGDOM (which is provided by the context objects).
> This can be done in the canvas with setDocumentState(ALWAYS_DYNAMIC),
> or if you are just loading the document yourself you need to use
> the GVTBuilder and the BridgeContext (the BridgeContext has a
> method 'setDynamicState' - which can take the value 'DYNAMIC').

Your advice - the second part - helped solving the problem.

I do not, however, understand exactly what I have done by
creating the BridgeContext and calling GVTBuilder.build -
do you know about the details and could possibly explain
what happens within the program?
Up to know, I thought GVT was an internal representation of
my SVGs, one that I did neither need, nor was meant, to care about.

Thanks again
-Urs