From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: free conversion tool to xml format
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:35:04 GMT
so - what exactly are you looking for?

an XML GIS format for storage or for display?

as a storage format I would recommend looking into GML (see Open GIS
consortium for more details)

as a display format you can use SVG, which is XML based.

A free ArcviewShapefile to SVG converter exists at
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/utils/shp2svg/

there are other free or commercial converter besides that one.

Andreas

hamdi ines wrote:

> hello,
> I have many GIS file in different format (Shape, STDS?....), i need
> to convert them in an unified format like xm but the problem that the
> softwre are all shareware but I want use an open source tool, can any
> one give me a free tool to convert the GIS format in XML format.
> thanks advanced.
> INES

> Créez gratuitement votre Yahoo! Mail avec *100 Mo de stockage !*
> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail
> <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=25917/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/mail_taglines_100/default/*http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/>
>
> *Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé !* Découvrez toutes les
> nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez
> GRATUITEMENT ici !
> <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=26111/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/messenger/mail_taglines/default/*http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com>

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/