From "Beton, Richard" <richard.be...@roke.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using the CSSEngine - determining the origin of styles
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:04:19 GMT
Thomas DeWeese wrote:

>    Your code looks a little odd to me (in that I don't really
> understand what you are trying to do).  But basically seems
> sound.  It really seems to me that you must have one of the
> stylesheets active otherwise I can't imagine where you would
> get things like your values for stroke-opacity, and stroke-width
> (or even the value you have for fill).  These aren't even
> remotely associated with the defaults for these attributes.
>
>    I would look at the Origin of each of these to see where
> they are coming from.  You might also consider instrumenting
> the Batik source to see who is setting what.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply.

When I initialise the CSS engine, I set the user agent stylesheet and
the user stylesheet to null: is this the wrong thing to do? (this seems
to be what you are suggesting, IIUC).  I have a wrapper object that is
associated with the document and also with the CSS engine and its
initualisation code includes:

        this.document.setCSSEngine( this.cssEngine );
        this.cssEngine.setMedia( MEDIA_SCREEN );
        this.cssEngine.setUserAgentStyleSheet( null );
        this.cssEngine.setUserStyleSheet( null );

Should I instead be creating a user agent stylesheet and populating it
with the sixty(-ish)  default property values?

Rick

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.