From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: AW: static patch
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:50:12 GMT
Dominik,

I was initially also afraid of using the development version, patching
and so on. But it is much easier as you think.

If you install a cvs client (available for all platforms) it is a single
command to checkout the resources. Than you need to install "gnu patch".
A single command to patch the source, and finally build.bat/build.sh, a
single command to compile the sources. Once you setup all the tools, its
very easy. And with svn, it is a single command to update the sources.

If you are on Windows, there are even nice GUI based SVN tools, such as
Tortoise, which plugs into Windows explorer.

Let me know, if you perhaps want to try it and we could give detailed
instructions or help if things go wrong.

Andreas

Steiner, Dominik wrote:

>Thank you so much Andreas and Thomas!!!
>
>Only the tip with the transformation of the <g> brought down the cpu to 50%...
>
>I will use the static attribute as soon as there is a release (not sure how to apply the
patch)...

>Thanks again for your great help...
>
>Dominik
>
>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/