From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Applet way too slow on MAC
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:30:04 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Neumann wrote:

> I tried the recent DynamicRenderer for MacOSX and can confirm that it
> runs fine now on Tiger. No more black backgrounds, good speed and no
> strange effects when zooming/resizing.

   I believe there is still a 'dirty bits' problem.  It is subtle
(usually looks like dirt on your screen ;) and may not occur at all with
many of your examples, but it is there at least with the towers solitaire
example.  It manifests it's self as a single column or part of a column
(I think it's always a column) of pixels being left behind when one of
the cards is dragged/moved across the screen.

> Are you planning to make the DynamicRender now the default renderer for
> Mac? Static documents still run very slow.

   I want to fix the dirty bits problem first.