From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Write a svg document to a file
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:28:02 GMT
>From your original post, it looks like you're using the SVGGraphics2D to create document
fragments.  That approach doesn't work well in that the SVGGraphics2D object doesn't render
anything to your document.  I ran into that problem myself.  You did say you appended everything
to your SVG root element though.  The empty file does sound problematic of using the SVGGraphics2D
object and expecting to have elements in your document that may not be there.  How are you
adding things?  You may want to look up a quick routine to print DOM documents to the screen
so you can see what the DOM tree actually represents.

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: julie gautier [mailto:juliegautier@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Thu 10/6/2005 10:09 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Write a svg document to a file

Thanks for your answer. I tried your suggestion : I wrote :

org.apache.batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities.writeDocument(doc, new FileWriter("c:\\test.svg"));

where doc is the Document described in the example below.
But it doesn't work : the svg file created is empty. Do you know why ?
As I created the svg document by appending everything to the svgRoot element, I also tried
as follow :

org.apache.batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities.writeDocument(svgRoot.getOwnerDocument(), new FileWriter("c:\\test.svg"));

but it failed too.
Do you know what to do ?
Thanks again.
Julie

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> a écrit :

	In my application I simply used org.apache.batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities.writeDocument(SVGDocument,
FileWriter);

	Michael Bishop