From "Steiner, Dominik" <Dominik.Stei...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: AW: static patch
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:34:55 GMT
Hi Andreas,

thanks again for your great help.

Ok, right now I'm developing with Eclipse IDE and using their Team Synchronizing Plugin to
connect to our CVS server...

So what would be my next step? When I want to checkout from CVS Eclipse asks me for the host,
repository path, user, password, connection type and a port (or using the default port). What
do I have to insert there?

I downloaded gnu patch, but how do I install the gnu.ps file? (I'm running on Windows XP)

I'm not sure about the next steps neither. What is the single command to patch the source?

Well, it's not urgent for me getting this done and I could wait for the release, but I appreciate
your kind help very much and if you have time to spare I'm ready to go... :-)

Dominik

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andreas Neumann [mailto:neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2005 09:50
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: static patch

Dominik,

I was initially also afraid of using the development version, patching
and so on. But it is much easier as you think.

If you install a cvs client (available for all platforms) it is a single
command to checkout the resources. Than you need to install "gnu patch".
A single command to patch the source, and finally build.bat/build.sh, a
single command to compile the sources. Once you setup all the tools, its
very easy. And with svn, it is a single command to update the sources.

If you are on Windows, there are even nice GUI based SVN tools, such as
Tortoise, which plugs into Windows explorer.

Let me know, if you perhaps want to try it and we could give detailed
instructions or help if things go wrong.

Andreas

Steiner, Dominik wrote:

>Thank you so much Andreas and Thomas!!!
>
>Only the tip with the transformation of the <g> brought down the cpu to 50%...
>
>I will use the static attribute as soon as there is a release (not sure how to apply the
patch)...

>Thanks again for your great help...
>
>Dominik
>
>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/