From "Steiner, Dominik" <Dominik.Stei...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: Translations with zoom in and zoom out?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:57:07 GMT
Hi Michael,

for converting a Point I do as follows:

  public static Float convertPointToViewBox(SVGCanvas canvas, Point
point) {

    try {

      AffineTransform viewBoxTranfrom = canvas.getViewBoxTransform();

      viewBoxTranfrom = viewBoxTranfrom.createInverse();

      return convertPoint(point, viewBoxTranfrom);

    } catch (NoninvertibleTransformException e) {

      e.printStackTrace();

    }

    return null;

  }

  private static Point2D.Float convertPoint(Point point, AffineTransform
viewBoxTranfrom) {

    double[] matrix = new double[6];

    viewBoxTranfrom.getMatrix(matrix);

    return convertPoint(point, matrix);

  }

  public static Point2D.Float convertPoint(Point point,

      double[] matrix) {

    Point2D.Float retP = new Point2D.Float();

    retP.x = (float) (matrix[0] * point.x + matrix[2] * point.y +
matrix[4]);

    retP.y = (float) (matrix[1] * point.x + matrix[3] * point.y +
matrix[5]);

    return retP;

  }

I hope this helps... :-)