From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: AW: Translations with zoom in and zoom out?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:53:35 GMT
Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
10/19/2005 10:13:49 AM:

> Sure, I don't give the users the ability to rotate text (yet) so that's
> no problem.  On my glass pane, I call Graphics2D.setFont(...) and
> Graphics2D.drawString(...) to render the text.  To transform to an
> Element, I manually create the tag information, including font-family,
> font-weight, font-style, and font-size.  So if the user has 18pt font
> chosen, I can use the AffineTransform.getScaleY() to change the point
> size?  That makes sense, but what about the width?

        Well unless you are allowing for non-uniform scaling (different
X & Y scaling, square becomes a rectangle) then setting the font-size
will change the width correctly as well.  If you want to allow for
non-uniform scaling then you will have to use the transform attribute
(there are a bunch of different forms, check the SVG spec for details).

> I'm still shooting for having what you see on the glass pane mirror
> what you see when you draw to the document.

        Sure this shouldn't be an issue.