From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: More from the DOMViewer??
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:31:38 GMT
Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
11/14/2005 12:30:04 PM:

> I just discovered the Batik gem that is the DOMViewer.  What would it
take to
> be able to actually edit the various attributes of each element in the
> document and commit the changes back to the “real” document and have
them show
> in the JSVGCanvas?

   Well all of the code for the DOM viewer is in:
        sources/org/apache/batik/util/gui/DOMViewer.java

   It is a pretty nice tool.

>  It’d be nice to customize that attribute panel.  I’d
> disable the “id” field for editing, pop JColorChoosers for the color
> attributes, etc, etc.  Any tips?  Is there a way to go about getting to
this
> object to play with?

    Just download the Batik source, and have fun.  IIRC the
DOMViewer was written fairly simply mindedly so it might not be real
easy to extend but that also means it's a fairly simple piece of code
so it's pretty easy to start working on.