From Oscar Picasso <oscgoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TextFlow and actual surface or lines
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:14:41 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:  Hi Oscar,

Oscar Picasso  wrote on 01/10/2006 06:48:29 PM:

> Is it possible to retrieve the actual 'bounding box' of a flow text on a
> particular flow region?

   I'm not 100% certain what you are asking here.

    Actually I want to something similar to what I do with a regular text element (as I  asked
in a previous thread): calculate a new font-size to let the text fit on a particular region.
  'text content' interfaces from the SVG DOM should be fully
functional for flow text.  Which enables you to request the
BBox of any text element, as well as the bbox of individual
chars.
 How do I get these interfaces? I have looked at the different FlowXXX and I don't see which
are the 'text content' interfaces and their BBox methods.

 Thanks.