From Martin Morawetz <martin.moraw...@kreativezone.at>
Subject Re: How to render the content of a SVG-File into some Graphics2D Object?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:27:01 GMT
Hi Thomas,

> Martin Morawetz <martin.morawetz@kreativezone.at> wrote on 12/22/2005
> 02:54:39 PM:
>

>>I'd like to paint the content of an existing
>>Svg-File into some other Graphics2D Object.
>

>    You are going down exactly the right road here.
>

>>I experimented with BridgeContext and
>>GVTBuilder without success:
>

>    This code looks good, but without being able to run it
> a small error could be lurking. Can you provide a small
> stand-alone example (full Java source + SVG file being
> read). It looks to me like there is confusion over what
> part of the SVG document should be rendered.  It
> might be as simple as the source document lacking
> width/height and/or viewBox attributes.  Also if the
> newSvgGraphics2D doesn't have a set 'size' it could
> cause issues.  All hard to track down w/o a running
> example of the problem.

Thanks a lot, you just gave me the hint I needed. When
I created the the SVG-Graphics I didn't provide height
and width. Setting the size solved the problem.

But now I've got a new problem. I would need the size in px.
I was able to specify the size by using the setSVGCanvasSize()
Method, but as it just takes a Dimension object without
identifier (like px...):

svgGraphics2D.setSVGCanvasSize(new Dimension(width, height));

The (more direct, I guess) approach:

//Element svgRoot = svgGenerator.getRoot();
Element svgRoot = svgGraphics2D.getDOMFactory().getDocumentElement();
svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "height", height + "px");
svgRoot.setAttributeNS(null, "width", width + "px");

didn't work. The result again is an almost empty SVG-File.

Any Ideas?

--
Cheers
Martin