From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject problem with error message nr 2, java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:51:06 GMT
Hello,

here is my second problem concerning the same prototype
http://www.carto.net/geofotos/index.svg

one can reproduce the error when zooming in (e.g. with the Plus button
in the map navigation window).

The error occurs after the following line in
http://www.carto.net/geofotos/photos.js

Line 88:
document.getElementById("cameraSmallSymbGeom").setAttributeNS(null,"transform","scale("+(myMainMap.curWidth

* 0.002)+")");

In this line I am changing the transform attribute of a geometry within
a symbol definition, to dynamically update the symbol size after a zoom
in. The involved symbol has the id "cameraSmall" and can be found in
http://www.carto.net/geofotos/index.svg

Prior to that I removed the old content (use elements of the involved
symbol) and after that line I am recreating new use elements.

The error I get is the following:

-----------

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractNode.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractElement.fireDOMAttrModifiedEvent(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractAttr.setNodeValue(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractAttr.setValue(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractElement.setAttributeNS(Unknown
Source)
         at
         at
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:230)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1191)
         at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c160.call(photos.js:88)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1191)
         at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c158.call(photos.js:49)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1191)
         at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c29.call(helper_functions.js:444)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1191)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject.callMethod(ScriptableObject.java:1573)
         at
org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreter.callMethod(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.script.rhino.WindowWrapper$GetURLObjectWrapper.getURLDone(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.ScriptingEnvironment$7.run(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.util.RunnableQueue.run(Unknown Source)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
----------

This error appears around 132 times, like twice for each symbol I had in
the previous map extent.

I don't know what I am doing wrong here. Does it have to do something
with updating the symbol definition or whith removing and recreating the
symbols?

Thanks for any hint,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/