From Eric Yuan <boye...@gmail.com>
Subject Compilation problems while installing batik source codes: a lot of "Class must implement the inherited abstract method..."
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:53:42 GMT
Hi dudes! It is my first time sending mails here, nice to find some
fellows using batik!

I am really getting mad these 2 whole days installing batik sources. i
first used Eclipse to import all files (including ".classpath"
unchanged) under the downloaded directory "xml-batik", and got about
1900 error messages, most of which are "Class must implement the
inherited abstract method Node.setTextContent(String)"... from
packages "org.apache.batik.dom", "org.apache.batik.dom.svg" and so on.

With desperation secondly i tried to build the project in command
line. i fully followed the instruction from the batik website, in the
"xml-batik" directory i type command "build.bat compile" and got
another 100 similar errors before the compile process failed.

I did follow the online documentation step by step, and checked the
FAQ carefully. installed jdk1.5.0_04 and made sure i set the
"JAVA_HOME" and "PATH" environment variables; installed Ant, and set
the environment varibles correctly; using Windows XP.

am i doing something silly or missing some other libraries?

Huge thanks in advance!
A desperate newbie