From pareshdahiwal <pareshdahi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: createSVGDocument() inside applet method not working in firefox
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:26:59 GMT

Hi thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I found where I was wrong after searching a lot in google.

The cause of my problem was that I was using html DIV tag to show/hide the
applet.
In firefox, whenever I used to display the applet, the applet:init() and
applet:start() methods were getting called again (surprisingly after
javascript liveconnect call). So the live-connect call was working fine but
my application was getting re-initialized again after live-connect call.
[Don't know why init() and start() methods were getting called again].
This was not happening in Internet Explorer since it just initializes applet
once for displaying div tag.

So the solution was to just hide the applet by using "style=width:1px;
height:1px;" for applet tag instead of using "style=display:none" for div
tag. And for showing the applet again just change its width & height to
suitable value.

Now my applet is running beautifully on Internet Explorer as well as FireFox
and displaying the file as per demand.

Thanks,

Paresh.