From "Praveen Nayak" <Praveen.Na...@telelogic.com>
Subject RE: Batik hosted on server looks for more class files and not found
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:11:07 GMT

From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:43 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Batik hosted on server looks for more class files and not
found

Hi Praveen,

"Praveen Nayak" <Praveen.Nayak@telelogic.com> wrote on 08/28/2007
03:26:16
AM:

>  I have built the batik-all.jar and created an applet around it.

> When the page is downloaded by the client, the image comes up
> alright. But there was one problem I noticed. The applet starts
> sending requests to the server. These requests come by the hundreds.
> The server doesn't have these classes and returns HTTP 401 error.
>
> The requests were for classes like the following:
>
> /org/w3c/dom/DeleteList.class

    This is a feature of Rhino the JavaScript implementation that
we use.  Unfortunately I'm not aware of a good/simple solution to
the problem.

> I searched around and couldn't find the classes among the Jars
> required for Batik.

   As part of trying to resolve global variables Rhino checks
a list of packages to see if they define a class with that name.

Telelogic Lifecycle Solutions:
Helping You Define, Design & Deliver Advanced Systems & Software
Learn More at www.telelogic.com

Praveen Nayak
Technical Leader
Telelogic India Pvt Ltd
#58, 1- 4 HM Towers,
Brigade Road,
560 025 Bangalore
India

Phone: +91 (80) 419 95800 x327
Fax:
Mobile phone:
Praveen.Nayak@telelogic.com
http://www.telelogic.com

Telelogic - Requirements-Driven Innovation!

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment or enclosure, is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.