From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Xlink with bundleresource protocol
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:31:34 GMT
Hi Mark,

"Mark Miller" <mark.miller@oblivion.ch> wrote on 09/05/2007 05:14:48 AM:

> It would seem that the batik URIResolver only half works with the
> bundleresource protocol. It finds the file, however does not seem to be
able
> to reference an anchor within the file ...

   My guess would be that we aren't handling xml:base including the
URI Fragment (if that is even supposed to be valid) in the case of
bundleresource (probably really any JDK protocol handler).

   I would suggest tying moving the fragment to the 'href', and
filing a bug report (assuming you are sure that xml:base is
supposed to support a fragment).

> <use xml:base="bundleresource://30/svg/buffer.svg#device" href=""/>
> Leads to ...
> The URI "bundleresource://30/svg/buffer.svg#device"
> specified on the element <use> references an entire document.
>

> However this works fine with the file protocol
>
> URI uri =
> this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("/svg/buffer.svg").toURI();
> String location =
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.FileLocator.toFileURL(uri.toURL()).toString();
>
> Which gives
> <use xml:base="file:///C:/....../svg/buffer.svg#device" href=""/>
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as i don't think using the
FileLocator