From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some current batik observations
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:38:37 GMT
> Hello Helder,

Hi Florian! :-)

I've just had a quick glance on the code (no real attempts on
reproducing the exception) and I still have a feeling that the problem
is a thread-unsafe operations (link on thread-safe recommendations in

> if (updateMgr != null) //maybe not null here...
> {
>  try
>  {
        //... but maybe null here! who knows? ;-D
>      BridgeContext bridgeContext = updateMgr.getBridgeContext();
>      AnimationEngine animationEngine = bridgeContext.getAnimationEngine();
>      animationEngine.pause();
>  }

My Java skills are pretty low but I guess one can't assume that, in a
multi-threaded environment, update manager will be available during
the whole invocation. That's why it seems that the code portion should
be within an "invokeLater" (or similar). Or am I missing something?
;-)

> Perhaps you can extract some problems there.
>
> Thanks

As stated, my Java knowledge doesn't allow me to go much further.
Aside from this preliminary guess, if following the recommended method
to manipulate the document still raises the exception (please post a
follow-up if so), than maybe someone else can shed some light on
this... :-)

> Florian Pepping

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães